Just came across this little press release from PPL. Here are some fun FREE things for kids to do over the next few weeks. The PPL Environmental Learning Center is located just off Rt 6, by the Wallenpaupack Dam.
Join in the fun, hands-on activities during a summer nature series at PPL’s Wallenpaupack Environmental Learning Center. Developed especially for children ages 4-10, the series features the following FREE programs:
* Fishing for Little Kids, 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, July 13. Bring your children to this morning session to discover basic fishing fun. Learn to rig a fishing rod, bait a hook and cast the line. Bring your own fishing tackle or feel free to borrow ours. Parent help will be much appreciated.
* Nature Games for Fun, 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, July 23. Spend an enjoyable morning outside with your children as we play games that teach concepts of nature while having fun.
* Nature Crafts for Fun, 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, July 30. Come prepared to make a mess. Have fun with your children as you create some crafts inspired by nature.
* Hiking for Kids, 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Aug. 3. Bring your children on a guided nature hike along the Wallenpaupack Creek Trail. The 1-mile trail is an easy walk. Parent participation is required. Come prepared to be outdoors with comfortable walking shoes and a water bottle.
* Trees for Kids, 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Aug. 6. Help your children learn more about trees by looking at tree rings, making bark rubbings and studying leaves.
To register for any or all of these free events, contact PPL at (570) 253-7076 or firstname.lastname@example.org.