Today I was talking with someone about the various communities in the greater Lake Wallenpaupack region of the Poconos. I was asked “Which community do you think is the nicest one in the area?”
It’s a great question and it’s one that I am asked often. The problem is that the answer is purely subjective. My personal opinion may vary greatly from John or Jane Doe. That said, the main subject of our discussion was Pike County’s Fawn Lake Forest, located about 15 minutes or so from Hawley, on Westcolang Road (just off Route 590 in Lackawaxen Township.)
(click here to view all of the Fawn Lake Forest homes currently for sale on the Pike/Wayne MLS!)
Some time ago, I wrote a little about Fawn Lake (click to read.) but I thought I’d write again and mention some of the highlights of this development.
- Fawn Lake Forest has 2 lakes: non-motorboat Fawn Lake, and 250 acre Westcolang Lakefor motor boating pleasure.
- Cove Oaks Park has a picnic area by Westcolang, with a brand new snack concession stand, a shuffle board court, playground, and a sandy beach.
- Large outdoor pool
- Health club with indoor pool & gym lockers, arcade/game room, lounge, banquet room, and more.
- Tennis courts, ball field, etc.
- Paved roads.
- Security patrol.
- Central water.
- Lots of deer – with their fawns!
Fawn Lake is 10 miles from Hawley, and is not too far from “the Big Lake” (Lake Wallenpaupack.) All homes in Fawn Lake Forest are in the Wallenpaupack area school district.
Here’s a list of homes currently for sale in Fawn Lake. If you see anything you like or would like more information please feel free to call me on my cell (570) 647-5170 or send email to email@example.com.
Fawn Lake Forest Association Website – unfortunately, not too much info is available to the public at this time, but there is some info there.