Pocono Springs Estates doesn’t get talked about much – I don’t know why. It’s a lovely community in Wayne County, in the Gouldsboro/Newfoundland area. A lot of the agents I talk to do not understand what the community is like…they have no idea how beautiful and affordable Pocono Springs is.
There is much to love and little to loathe in Pocono Springs Estates. This edition of Karen’s Friday Five is dedicated to 5 reasons to live in & love Pocono Springs Estates.
(Click HERE to see all of the Pocono Springs homes currently for sale on the Pike Wayne MLS.)
- Cheap dues! While other comparable communities are charging property owners $800 – $1300 or more per year, the annual dues in Pocono Springs Estates is only $650 (subject to change). You get a lot of bang for your buck too; amenities include: 122 acre Crystal
Lake (stocked with bass and other fisherman delights); a lovely pool (complete with kiddie wading pool), playgrounds, basketball, tennis, and bocce ball courts, a clubhouse with game room, and beautiful paved roads.
- Lots of open space! Because some of the lots in Pocono Springs are unbuildable (they can not support a septic system and/or well, or are in wet land areas, etc.) there will never be a gazillion homes making it look like a suburb in the woods.
- No hustle-n-bustle. Entering Pocono Springs is almost like entering a nature preserve – you don’t generally see or hear a lot of cars running around, and though ATV’s are allowed in the community, it’s still a great place for peace and quiet.
- Abundant Wildlife– Pocono Springs Estates is bordered by PA State Gamelands, so it’s quite common to see many beautiful deer (today my customers and I spotted several
fawns and even two huge bucks with velvet on their antlers), turkey, eagles, hawks, owls, squirrels and chippers (chipmunks). This is a nature – lover’s paradise!
- Not Too Secluded! With all my raving about how Pocono Springs is quiet, peaceful, and full of wildlife, you might get the idea that it’s “way out there in the middle of nowhere.” Actually, it’s not far from Interstate 84 & 380. It’s a few minutes from Newfoundland, and close to Tobyhanna Army Depot…Scranton is nearby as well.
Click HERE to see all of the Pocono Springs homes currently for sale on the Pike Wayne MLS.